Monday, May 4, 2015

The Missing Sunset...

Travelling by air has its own benefits or perks that you may call. You save time but you also get free goodies. The one in my collection is called the eye pack/ cover. Just tied it around your eyes and suddenly its night. The best part of a Sunday is when you wake up early morning, realise its a Sunday, put on your eye cap and go back to sleep. Classic.

But on the contrary, you don't really get to see the beautiful early morning sunrise. Very few people understand this as a spiritual experience.

In this super fast world, our individual lives have got complicated. Its just busy. Running after the train, catching the bus, trying to catch the auto back home. In all this mess we have forgotten to appreciate nature.

I left early from work today. Mom had given me a task to pick up some masala from churchgate ( her new obsession this month... Pickle making). I took the usually longer route to reach the shop. At 6.30 pm, the sun was beginning to set. The hazy orange sky made it look like a mosaic painting. It was beaaautifullll!!! ...... A little walk opened a new dimension for me. The beauty of nature. What was different about this you may ask. Nothing ... Nothing at all. What made all the difference is that I looked at the sunset today after so many days. Kept my phone in my pocket and just observed the beautiful serene nature.

Yes indeed,  it was a very spiritual experience. The sunrise gives us a new hope to live another day, but the sunset tell us to rest as another hectic day is awaiting me. The sunset was never missing, it was me that missed then entire point of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment