Tuesday, April 28, 2015

What women want??...... Just a little more

Travelling in the train daily could be the most barbaric experience you could ever have. You are crushed, bruised, tortured and strangled. And I don't mean it metaphorically, but literally barbaric. But it does show you who we as people have become. Its our choice that makes us barbaric. Nevertheless, its a brilliant time to reflect on various aspects of your life. Observing people who travel daily can be a very educating experience. So here's what I reflected on today.

My daily routine ensures that I take a fast train. Every morning and getting a seat to sit is like job none of us get paid for. With my skills (ahem ahem) I managed to  procure a seat. There was this another lady who was also boards the train with me. She has an arthritis problem and like a good Samaritan I offered my seat to her. With a gracious smile she sat and thanked me for it. Just after ten minutes she got up and asked me to sit for sometime. I insisted  that  she sits as we were already approaching the station. But she still did and said " Thoda baithne milega toh accha lagta hain, aap baitho". We all in our lives strive for that thoda extra. Whether its our personal problem or a commute issues, or our relationships.

This was exactly the problem i was facing with my other quest of finding a husband. What we women want is something that we women also don't know. I met this guy who had everything going. A good job, a stable income, a houses etc etc. But there was this something that was missing. I could not even talk to him or rather I had to become Dan brown to decipher his statements. I had made up my mind to cut  him out. My funda is very simple. If I can't talk to him I can't marry him. So a forced meeting on Sunday ensured that I did not take it forward and ended it there. This is exactly what I had planned for and exactly what I wanted.

I came home a little disappointed. I had no idea why. Was the feeling of ending a relationship killing or the fact that I may never find someone who loves me for who I am.  I was restless the whole night, had a very incomplete sleep. Turning from one side to the other, I don't know why. I wish he spoke well and had some manners. This is exactly the little more that we all look for in our lives.

Life is beautiful. The way it is given to us is amazing. What we make of this life is entirely our choice.  What differentiates us from the saint? .. Its the want for a little bit more. What is this want for that extra "more"? I have an amazing Honda city, but I still aspire to posses a BMW, that's "More". I think its pretty natural for  all of us. They call it ambition here

The want for that extra topping, the fourth seat in a local train, the words free on a product, we all want more. The day we realise that we should have what we need and not what we desire, our lives would be less complicated.  Life is a journey that you never planned for. So just walk!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment