Tuesday, May 19, 2015

The Great Expectation

The absence of something make you realise the importance of it in your life. I hate summers. The only reason why I always waited for this season is mangoes and my birthday. Mangoes are now easily available in all seasons thanks to this new era of technology "Har Mausam Aam" and birthdays are now meant to be spent in solitude. But nevertheless i still hate summers. Sometimes it makes me wonder if we have switched the planetary position with Venus? It just gets hotter by the day. This is when I realised the importance of rains. Since then I have been singing. Rain Rain come again... Little nattu
wants to play... Lolzz
With all these thoughts I walked by the station heading towards my cute little paradise called home, I stumbled upon two incidents. The first one goes like this. As I exited my office premise I started walking on the pathway desperately trying to halt a taxi. There were two aunties already waiting on the spot before me. I continued to walk ahead and to my surprise a taxi agreed to drop me at my destination. This was not fair. They were waiting much before me. For a moment a did think to give them a ride, but taxiwalas here behave as if you have asked for their kidney or their liver. I didn't want to get into an argument so I royally ignored them and continued my journey to the station. Caught my train and headed home.
At my home station I came across the other incident. As I was climbing the bridge, there was a man in front of me. He skipped a step and fell. Like any normal person I leaped at him and offered my helping hand. He was up and promptly accompanied by his daughter. All I was expecting at this stage was a little "Thank You". However the uncle behaved as if nothing happened and just walked away like a normal Mumbaikar. I smiled and continued my journey.
These two accidents were very different, however still the same. The two aunties expected me to ask them for a lift while uncle did not even bother to say thank you. While helping others we often think what's in store me. Why should I do it? What will he do in return for me and when we do good to other we still complaint of how insensitive the other person can be. We, the civilised modern society are practically trained to expect something in return for everything that we do. That's exactly where we falter in our lives trying to find the perfect balance, the perfect mojo but we cannot fulfill everyone's expectations. All we can do is at least try to change something.
Hence this is the day I decide to lead my life by example. Do it yourself.. Inspire to aspire.. All the best...

No comments:

Post a Comment