Sunday, August 14, 2016

Excuse - Me... Where is the time??

All of us have one good reason not to do something. Whats your?


 
There are different places where you can learn stuff like school, collage and various institutions. But I have a different teacher. It's called "The Mumbai Local train". This is the best way to observe and understand the human emotion. I learn something new each day and today was no different. So here goes my learning.

Following my daily religious path I run toward the station and boarded the local train. Getting into the train is a task in itself, which I am very proficient in….ahemm!! ahemm!!!.  Once in, the next mammoth task is finding the seat. It's like searching for your long lost brother who was lost many years ago. When you get the seat you feel like Nirupa Roy, the famous Indian mother …. who has tears rolling her eyes once she sees her sons. Till such time I don't know anyone in the train. Once settled with all this tamasha, your memory starts coming back and you start behaving like someone who lost her eyes and can now see again. Main dekh sakti hoo...

Nevertheless, getting back to my story,  I find my yapper friend in the train as well. I try to duck and hide as usually was spotted by her. So she started talking and talking and talking. I try cutting her in between and then she again starts talking about various stuff , like her life, her kid etc etc. Talking we stumble upon a topic of our hobbies. She tells me that she loves to paint and maybe be interior decoration. She wanted to professionally take this up but somehow got lost in the race of life to make a living. Her focus now is her job, her son and finally a little house work. I somehow feel this is fare as your family becomes the first priority. I recommended a friend of mine who teach painting to children. She could go for a Sunday class. She then tells me the work that she has on Sundays and her evening shopping ritual. She flatly refuses as she does not have the time for herself. She lists atleast 15 things that she needs to do in the day that occupy her time. In all this list of her’s, she exhausted by the end of the day. The “time kidhar hain” weapon is at work again.

This actually made me think about all that she said.  I don’t sympathize or empathize with her, but rather identify with her. Aren’t we all like that. We dwell in the mythical world of “Time kidhar hai”, which means where is the time?? Contrary, we how find time to give special attention to our best friend whats apps, facebook , instagram etc etc, but we don’t have the time for our self. This medium take aways hours of daily life but somehow its unaccounted for. I don’t have a problem with these system, I just feel they rob away too much from you and make you underappreciated yourself a lot.  

I know many people have said this time and we fail to understand, but its not that difficult. In this fast pace life, we have forgotten how to enjoy the fresh breeze, enjoy a nice guitar lesson, a piano class, a painting session, a theater play etc etc. We can make time but we don’t want to.

It’s finally our choice and life and what we make of it. It’s one life and indeed a short one. Live your dreams now!!!























No comments:

Post a Comment